Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Positive Proposition 15

Proposition 15 was one of the most debated propositions and is discussed on October 31, 2007 by one of my classmates on her Fattutu website. She gives us an idea of what the money is going to be used for when she states “The plan is to establish the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas.” She describes simply what an opportunity proposition 15 is and supports her arguments by stating it may save lives and how it will affect us not only on a state, but a national level. I was not aware of the proposition or what it could do until I read the article. It provided me with the information, data and a positive opinion necessary for making a logical decision. I do not understand what she meant by ($10,000 a month for rent). She may have meant the price it costs to pay for rent of the governor’s mansion or something, but it is not very specific in this area. I know I do not pay that much a month for rent. She also states that there was “no indication that there would be a proposed tax increase, now or in the future.” This indicates that the new bond proposal may not raise our taxes. Although this is possible it is not probable because the 3 Billion has to come from somewhere (either by reducing other funding or new taxes) and it is definitely not a small amount of money. Not that I would not want to raise my taxes to pay for cancer research it is a worthy and justified cause considering most people die from cancer. Overall her paper was effective, informative, and well written.

No comments: